On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 05:04:54PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:

> I'm *really* unsure about telecommuting. Seems to me that the way to
> really build a team (especially when doing serious development) is to
> have people in the same room;

Plus there's too many distractions at home.  Even if you live on your own.
It's great to have the capability - for those evening brainwaves, or if
you're ill - but doing it every day just doesn't work, at least for me.

> And I like central London because (whatever else is wrong with it)
> it's relatively easy for everyone to get to by train no matter where
> they live. Trekking out to (for example) Guildford wouldn't be good
> for me.

Yeah.  What he said.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

   Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced