Roger Burton West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 12:24:24AM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
>
> >The vision I have is of a team (or teams) working in *our* premises,
> >with customers working with us.
>
> (side-rant)
> The customers _must_ be kept isolated from the developers. This is
> the single most important thing the customer-interface people
> (whatever you call them) can do. Inviting the customers into your office
> will drop productivity by 30-50% because your developers can't talk
> honestly about what's going on.

One customer. On site. Full time. Absolute honesty. Get them on your
side. The are the people who are *paying* for this, they deserve
nothing but your honesty. Tell 'em about any problems and tell 'em
early. Tell 'em about successes and tell 'em early. Get the customer
rep onside and you have an advocated. Treat the customers like a
mushrooms and you don't get repeat business.

--
Piers