>i'd like to do it via dabs.com, because their interface is useable and
>i've not personally had any problems with them.  i'll pick only in-stock
>stuff because i understand that they can be slacker than they advertise
>when it comes to re-stocking.  jo would hopefully oversee the process so i
>don't end up ordering bananas by mistake.

I ordered a HD from dabs.com last Thursday, the interface said they had 76
in stock. After registering, paying and completing the order, suddenly all
the stock had vanished. It's now Monday and they are still awaiting stock.
This could be an isolated case I suppose...but I've bought one from a
computer fair now and have cancelled the order.

Yes - RAM is sooo cheap at the moment - get loads!

/Robert