At Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:38:51 +0200, Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Has anyone else heard anything about yapc::Europe::19101?

Yeah. Dates and venues and stuff have been announced. And there was
a CFP. It's all on <http://www.yapc.org/Europe/>.

> ISTR dimly that last year around this time you lot were further down
> the road in organising things than what I see now.

I really don't think that's true. My memory is that nothing was
organised until about July. I may be romanticising tho' :)

> This may have been due to the open yapc mailing list where one could
> see "things happening" -- even if the "things happening" was
> only "another meeting to try to find a venue". Amsterdam has a venue,
> but I don't think they have a public mailing list yet, where one can
> ask about hotels, etc. The website is pretty sparse as well.

They were talking about resurrecting the existing public list. Feel
free to post questions to it and see if you get a response.

> Is anyone here going to be in Amsterdam?

I will. And, probably, a large contingent of the usual suspects.

> Probably arrive Wednesday, leave Sunday.

> Decided where you're going to stay yet?

Nah. That's months away :)

Dave...