On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:52:23AM -0500, Dave Cross wrote:
> At Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:44:07 +0100, Robin Houston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:35:33AM -0500, Dave Cross wrote:
> > >
> > > Would this be an appropriate time to point out that my TPC talk
> > > proposes the creation of a Parse::Perl::Approx module :)
> >
> > What does it do?
>
> It, er... parses Perl.
>
> Approximately.

For a twisted example of approximately parsing a subset of perl, see
http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/tech/perl-dep.  It's not pretty, and
I probably wouldn't write it that way now.  It was originally written
whilst at Oven in an attempt to compensate for the total lack of
documentation on the ecountries.com project.  Aside from the documented
weaknesses (it doesn't try to correctly handle comments or quoted text,
nor does it know about the evils of EXPORT), it is surprisingly
accurate at finding dependencies between files and subroutines.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature