On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 12:08:59PM +0100, Matthew Robinson wrote:

> > On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 08:49:56PM -0500, Mike Jarvis wrote:
> > > Saturday, May 05, 2001, 5:33:47 AM, Brad Bowman wrote:
> >
> > Mmmm,  what if these Yanks are masters of windup ... and think *we* don't
> > have a sense of humour?
>
> I think you give them too much credit!

It depends on which american it is... If *I* did it, it would be a joke.
Sadly, I have a feeling that most americans that would bother asking
this would be serious.  *sigh*

dave, reminded of Abbie Hoffman's story that french friends of his told
him, after a trip across the states that the most common question they
got asked was "what language do you speak in france?"

--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Mysticism has no place in programming.