On Thu, 10 May 2001 22:25:00 +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> (Someone has a quote about the only safe thing to send down a serial line
> being a break, because emacs interprets every character)

You mean this?
"On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
 - everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS."
                -- Tarl Neustaedter

I find that having an enormous sig file is extremely useful on occasions like this.

--
        Peter Haworth   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The network had broken because someone had snipped out