On Wednesday, May 30, 2001, at 10:51  AM, Cross David - dcross wrote:

>> I have no DB schema, and as such could dump the SQL schema (via
>> mysqldump) - and I was wondering if there was a super thing that could
>> translate the create table stuff into a diagram I could print, and then
>> look at ???? If this worked on Linux and involved perl and Dia then it
>> would be fab.
>
> <prediction>
> If GraphViz doesn't do this already - it will by the end of the day :)
> </prediction>

It did - for some time. GraphViz::DBI, by yours truly, does precisely
that. It relies, at this time, on a certain table/field naming
convention (but is subclassable so you can implement your own
convention). In a future version it'll be aware of constraints
(for foreign keys and such).

Marcel

--
my int ($x, $y, $z, $n); $x**$n + $y**$n = $z**$n is insoluble if $n > 2;
I have discovered a truly remarkable proof which this signature is too