Harald Maaßen <har...@nwa-net.de> wrote:

> That's right! Topic 105.3 is named "SQL data management". That does not
> include backup or restoring of data. But no law stops us from changing
> the name of this topic. It's also possible to increase the weight to 3,
> so we can put an additional question on the exam about this.

I think that would be a terrible idea. Should we force candidates to
familiarise themselves with the administration tools of several SQL
database servers (which tend to be huge and complicated programs) just
so we can ask 1 (one) question about this in the LPIC-1 exam? I say over
my dead body.

Harald, nobody prevents you from teaching your students how to dump
MySQL databases even if that isn't actually an exam topic. I teach my
students not to touch MySQL with a long pole, and would like to keep
things that way.

Also, if you want MySQL certification you know where to find that.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau ... Linup Front GmbH ... Linux-, Open-Source- & Netz-Schulungen
anselm.ling...@linupfront.de, +49(0)6151-9067-103, Fax -299, www.linupfront.de