I have 4 or 5 books on Linux and TCP/IP administration, but I couldn't find
any clear instructions on setting up TCP/IP printers in printcap. Would you
use the rp (remote printer) and rm (remote host) entries and set them both
to the ip address of the printer?

I looked through LPRng list archives and found this example:

 tek:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/tek:\
         :lp=/dev/null:\
         :if=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
 -Tdev=102.1.1.4%9100,model=phaser:\
     :of=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
 -Tdev=102.1.1.4%9100,model=phaser:\
         :ifhp=config=/usr/local/etc/ifhp.conf:\
         :lf=log:af=acct

Is this how it's done in LPRng?


-- 
Randy Perry
rgp systems

Mac Consulting/Sales


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to