Just in case this can help someone else down the road later here is a
working PRINTCAP for the following combinations:

        HP4 with the jetdirect option card
        TI microlaser connected to a jetdirect ex plus via a parallel port

ti:
  :lp=ti%9100
  :ifhp=model=ps,status@
  :sd=/var/spool/lpd/%P
  :rw:sh:ps=status
  :of=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
  :if=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
  :rw:sh:ps=status

hp4:
  :lp=hp4%9100
  :ifhp=model=hp4,status@
  :sd=/var/spool/lpd/%P
  :rw:sh:ps=status
  :of=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
  :if=/usr/local/libexec/filters/ifhp
  :rw:sh:ps=status

Thank you for the assistance and the guidance. Keep up the good work.

TIA

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        and all was /dev/null and *void()
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        When I'm feeling down, I like to eat a bucket of fried
              chicken in front of a Jenny Craig Outlet.



[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I suspect that the job format is not acceptible to the printer.
> 
> I wish I could give you more help.
> 
> > From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Sep 26 17:21:01 2000
> > Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:20:57 -0700
> > From: "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: LPRng: Newbie Help
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > >
> > > > # HP4 Printer (office)
> > > > hp4|lj1_text|text1:lp=:rm=mps:rp=text:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4:
> > > > hp4pcl|lj1_raw|raw1:lp=:rm=mps:rp=raw:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4pcl:
> > > 
> > > You want to use:
> > > #
> > > # HP4 Printer (office)
> > > hp4|lj1_text|text1:rm=mps:rp=text:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4:
> > > hp4pcl|lj1_raw|raw1:rm=mps:rp=raw:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hp4pcl:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > Should work out of the box.  What is the problem?
> > > 
> > Well Here is the log entry of tring to print a PDF file from Acroread to
> > the hp4pcl printer at the office. It never prints. I am stuck and
> > confused. I get the same sort of thing from my TI at home and still no
> > printing.
> >

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or lprng-requests
or lprng-digest-requests) with the word 'help' in the body.  For the impatient,
to subscribe to a list with name LIST,  send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with:                           | example:
subscribe LIST <mailaddr>       |  subscribe lprng-digest [EMAIL PROTECTED]
unsubscribe LIST <mailaddr>     |  unsubscribe lprng [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you have major problems,  send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word
LPRNGLIST in the SUBJECT line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to