From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Acee Lindem <a...@cisco.com>
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM
To: "Anton Smirnov (asmirnov)" <asmir...@cisco.com>,
"draft-ietf-ospf-xaf...@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ospf-xaf...@ietf.org>
Cc: "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family MPLS Traffic
Engineering Tunnels

Hi Anton,

I guess I see the use case described below as only one of the potential use
cases for the X-AF tunnels. It seems that path computation, either head-end or
PCE, could also use the dual-stack endpoint information. Note that the OSPF
doesn’t establish the LSPs or even advertise the LSPs themselves– it merely
populates the TE Database. I know that you know this but you want to assure
your text doesn’t imply otherwise. Do you disagree? You can certainly keep this
use case but I’d reference RFC 3906 (informational reference) and state that
there could alternate use cases. Perhaps, your fellow author Alvaro (of OSPF
TTZ fame) could help with some generic text preceding the specific IGP Shortcut
use case.

Let me see if I can massage the backward compatibility text. I’m requested a
Routing Directorate review and I’m going to start the LSR WG last call shortly.