Uma,

On 02/05/18 06:06 , Uma Chunduri wrote:

    these are being renamed in the next update to:

    Flex-Algorithm - Single octet value between 128 and 255 inclusive

    IGP Alg. Type - Single octet. Value between 0 and 127 inclusive, that
    identifies IGP algorithm type used to compute paths for the
    Flex-Algoritm. Values are defined in "IGP Algorithm Types" registry
    defined under "Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Parameters" IANA
    registries

Hi Peter,

The above change would conflict
https://www.iana.org/assignments/igp-parameters/igp-parameters.xhtml
(where it is defined till 255) and

how does it conflict? What we are saying is that a field contains value from the registry and we limit the values that it can use from such registry. I see no conflict.

Peter

cause changes to

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-25 (Which
is  in RFC Editor queue)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-extensions/
(In WG LC)

Are we going in that direction?

I still see "Flex-Algorithm" is light-weight sub-topology with
constrains and still computed using one of the Algorithms as specified
in https://www.iana.org/assignments/igp-parameters/igp-parameters.xhtml.

Kindly avoid confusion around the terminology here, plz -

Thx!

--
Uma C.