发件人: Christian Hopps [mailto:cho...@chopps.org]
发送时间: 2019年2月11日 18:45
收件人: lsr@ietf.org
抄送: lsr-cha...@ietf.org; lsr-...@ietf.org; cho...@chopps.org
主题: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02 + IPR poll.

Hi Folks,

We are starting a 2 week adoption call on draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02.

The aim of this document is to describe the problem space and standardize a
way to signal dynamic flooding information. It does not standardize any
specific algorithm for flooding topology creation.

Authors please respond indicating if you are aware of any IPR related to
this work.

We also have another draft (draft-cc-lsr-flooding-reduction-01) that started
as a distributed flooding topology algorithm and morphed into that plus
competing ideas on signaling of flooding topology information. The intent
after adoption of draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02 is two-fold. One, the WG
can discuss adding any signaling ideas from this work to the adopted
signaling draft (with proper attribution given as appropriate), and two, for
the authors of draft-cc-lsr-flooding-reduction-01 to publish a new document
without the signaling portion and instead focus on their flooding topology
algorithm. This new focused document can be considered in parallel along
with the other algorithm work that has been proposed.

Flooding topology creation is seen as a hard problem for which we don't
expect a one-size-fits-all solution. Taking the steps outlined above will
help us move forward on the solutions.

Thanks,
Chris & Acee.
LSR WG Chairs.