I support the adoption of this draft by the WG.

Thanks,
Ketan

-----Original Message-----
From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Christian Hopps
Sent: 11 February 2019 16:15
To: lsr@ietf.org
Cc: lsr-cha...@ietf.org; lsr-...@ietf.org; cho...@chopps.org
Subject: [Lsr] WG Adoption Call for draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02 + IPR poll.

Hi Folks,

We are starting a 2 week adoption call on draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02.

The aim of this document is to describe the problem space and standardize a way
to signal dynamic flooding information. It does not standardize any specific
algorithm for flooding topology creation.

Authors please respond indicating if you are aware of any IPR related to this
work.

We also have another draft (draft-cc-lsr-flooding-reduction-01) that started as
a distributed flooding topology algorithm and morphed into that plus competing
ideas on signaling of flooding topology information. The intent after adoption
of draft-li-lsr-dynamic-flooding-02 is two-fold. One, the WG can discuss adding
any signaling ideas from this work to the adopted signaling draft (with proper
attribution given as appropriate), and two, for the authors of
draft-cc-lsr-flooding-reduction-01 to publish a new document without the
signaling portion and instead focus on their flooding topology algorithm. This
new focused document can be considered in parallel along with the other
algorithm work that has been proposed.

Flooding topology creation is seen as a hard problem for which we don't expect
a one-size-fits-all solution. Taking the steps outlined above will help us move
forward on the solutions.

Thanks,
Chris & Acee.
LSR WG Chairs.