From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Huaimo Chen
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:40 PM
To: tony...@tony.li
Cc: lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Min Links for Multiple Failures on Flooding Topology

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your questions and comments.

An enhancement to the algorithm/procedure (described in my previous email) is
proposed to reduce the number of links to be added to the FT temporarily for
fixing possible FT split by multiple failures on the FT happening at almost the
same time.

An example with Figures for the enhanced algorithm/procedure is shown in the
file attached.

During the computation of a unique backup path for a failure on the FT (e.g.,
for the failure of the link R0-R2, assume that R0’s ID < R2’s ID, a unique
backup path from R0 to R2 is to be computed), for each candidate path from the
source (e.g., from R0), a new variable HC-FT (which is short for hop count on
the FT) is used to record the number hops of the candidate path that are on the
FT. The backup path computation with the enhancement is described as follows
(note that the enhancement is underlined below):

1.        Obtaining all the minimum hop count paths from the source to the
destination (e.g., from R0 to R2), wherein each minimum hop count path has a
HC-FT value;

2.       If there is only one minimum hop count path that has the maximum HC-FT
value, then this path is the unique backup path; otherwise, from multiple
backup paths that have the maximum HC-FT value, selecting the one with the
links having smaller or smallest remote node ID along the direction from the
destination to the source.

Best Regards,

Huaimo