Hi Dongjie,

On 26/03/2020 07:40, Dongjie (Jimmy) wrote:
Hi Peter,

As described in the abstract, the purpose of this draft is to define a
simplified control plane mechanism to build SR based Virtual Transport Network
(VTN), it is based on the combination of IS-IS Multi-Topology with other IS-IS
extensions, e.g. the extensions for TE, SR and L2 bundle. In a word, it tries
to reuse the existing TLVs as much as possible.

reusing the TLVs is not something that needs a standardization.

That said, this document introduces the mechanism of specifying per-topology TE attributes, which was not covered in the existing IS-IS MT (RFC 5120).

I can clearly see that TLVs defined in RFC5120 are listed in the registry of sub-TLVs available for TLV 222/223

https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml#isis-tlv-codepoints-22-23-25-141-222-223

So I'm not sure what you are adding.

Similarly, it also introduces the mechanism of associating MT-IDs with a
particular member link of L2 bundle, which was not defined in IS-IS L2 Bundle
(RFC 8668).

carrying MT-ID in the L2 Bundle TLV is conceptually wrong.

It is the parent L3 link which has the association with the particular topology ID, you can not change the topology per L2 link member.

You are trying to overload the MT-ID with the VTN semantics, but you can not do it here. If you need a VTN ID for the L2 member link, which I'm not sure why, you need to define a a new attribute and not mix it with MT-ID.

thanks,
Peter

Thus we think it is appropriate to be standard track.

Best regards,
Jie