Hi,

As Joel notes, it is true that enhanced VPNs require the use of specific
underlay network resources, either dedicated or shared, but the this needs to
be done without installing overlay VPN awareness in the P routers, which is
inherently unscalable and operationally complex.  Also, since VPNs span
multiple ASes, putting overlay VPN state in an IGP doesn't work.

Please see:  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-drake-bess-enhanced-vpn-02

Yours Irrespectively,

John

Juniper Business Use Only