Hi Les,

I would like to respectfully disagree with your assessment.

The fact that today's IGP (or for that matter BGP) routing is static from
the perspective of not taking into consideration real performance
measurements from the data plane to me is a bug not a feature.

Building SPT based on static link metrics which in vast majority of cases
today are emulated circuits on someone else IP backbone. It was a great
idea when you constructed the network with connection oriented paradigm
(Sonet,SDH, dark fiber, TDM ...) not connection less often best effort one.

So I find this proposal very useful and would vote for adopting it in LSR
WG. To me in-situ telemetry is not just some monitoring tool. It is an
extremely important element to influence how we compute reachability or at
least how we choose active forwarding paths from protocol RIBs to main RIB.

If we extended IGPs to carry TE information, if we extended them to enable
flexible algorithm based path computation I fail to understand why would we
resist to natively enable all of the above with getting the inputs from
real networks to be used as to the parameters to the above mentioned tools.

Kind regards,
R.