This also explains the mystery of why some Bruno, Robert, and possibly others
were having problems joining.

On 4/3/20, 6:26 AM, "Christian Hopps" <cho...@chopps.org> wrote:

    Hi Bruno,

    This is very useful feedback. It looks like that link the secretary posted
simply tries to join a standing open room associated with the LSR webex
account. This is frustrating b/c I sent an email to the secretary asking if I'd
done things correctly. I'm not sure they are aware that the link they send is
no good so I will contact them again.

    Thanks,
    Chris.

    > On Apr 3, 2020, at 6:14 AM, bruno.decra...@orange.com wrote:
    >
    > Chris,
    >
    > Please see inline.

meeting is not for everyone. I was waiting and tried three times today for host
approval to join which was not granted.

    >> I am very sorry to hear this! We had 64 participants, at least at one
point that I saw. I set the meeting up, and I don't believe there is any way to
exclude anyone in particular, I certainly would never have chosen to do that.

    >> However, Webex has a password requirement when setting up meetings (I
guess, I tried to not have one, it wouldn't let me) which we included in all
the details wherever the details were posted, it was "linkstate".

    >> I did notice an email, from webex, during the meeting about a request
from Bruno to join as guest, but he was in the participant list when I then
checked.

"Information about remote participation: https://ietf.webex.com/meet/lsr "
    > Hence I used that URL.
    > On this webex, the meeting did not start on time so I've waited for some
time. Then 10-15 minutes past the start, I decided to 'notify the host', but
never got accepted on the webex.
    > At that point I assumed a technical issue with webex and monitored the
mailing list, but no one was complaining, which is not inline with typical IETF
reaction ;-) .
    > So I assumed the error was only on my side and I searched for more emails
and found one from Chris (2020-03-31) saying that the URL was
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mbef20efa9e66c7e97f9d6b18ea84eca8
    > And this one worked fine.
    > My guess is that the 'interim' webex did not use the 'lsr' webex. Also
the 'official' notification from the IESG secretary with the incorrect webex
URL did not helped.

    > --Bruno
    >
    >> I didn't receive any other emails like that (and FWIW I had 5 windows
over 2 monitors going at once trying to manage all this, so noticing the 1
email was lucky).

    >> Did it let you skip entering a password (or did it not offer the option
in the first place)?

    >> It would be good to figure this out before the next interim.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Chris.

    > pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez
recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
    > a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages
    > Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie. Merci.

    > If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
    > As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have
been modified, changed or falsified.