Murray -

You never replied to my response to your comments - otherwise we could have
continued the discussion in that thread.

What I replied there on this point was:

[Les:] IS-IS registries are guided by RFC 7370 (referenced in Section 7 and in
https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml
) - which does provide guidance to the experts.
There is some additional guidance in Section 7.3 because we want codepoints in
the existing "sub-TLV of TLVs 22, 23, 25, 141, 222, and 223" registry to be in
sync with the new registry whenever possible.
For Section 7.5 there really isn’t anything else to say beyond what RFC 7370
says.

   Les