Hi Les,

Sorry for missing that.  There's often a torrent of email right before
a telechat and this got lost in there.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 11:19 AM Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
<ginsb...@cisco.com> wrote:
> [Les:] IS-IS registries are guided by RFC 7370 (referenced in Section 7 and
> in
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/isis-tlv-codepoints/isis-tlv-codepoints.xhtml
>   ) - which does provide guidance to the experts.
> There is some additional guidance in Section 7.3 because we want codepoints
> in the existing "sub-TLV of TLVs 22, 23, 25, 141, 222, and 223" registry to
> be in sync with the new registry whenever possible.
> For Section 7.5 there really isn’t anything else to say beyond what RFC 7370
> says.

Apologies, you're correct.  I didn't connect the text in Section 7
with 7.5 for some reason.  I think I was simply struck by the fact
that 7.3 was explicit while 7.5 wasn't.

I'll update my position now.  Thank you for setting me straight.

-MSK