From: Tony Li <tony1ath...@gmail.com> on behalf of tony...@tony.li
<tony...@tony.li>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 11:01 AM
To: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@futurewei.com>
Cc: Les Ginsberg <ginsb...@cisco.com>; Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
<ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Acee Lindem (acee)
<acee=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; lsr@ietf.org <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Poll for "IS-IS Topology-Transparent Zone" -
draft-chen-isis-ttz-11.txt

Hi Huaimo,

> The question I and others have asked is “what can we do with zones that
> cannot be done with areas?”.
    [HC]: IS-IS TTZ or say Zone is one of a few drafts which experiment/explore
new ways for scalability. These new ways may be simpler and have some other
features.

The English language is a remarkable creature. Enormously complex and
intricate. Maddeningly irregular and inconsistent.

The word “may” is a fine example. It denotes the possibility of a relationship
between two concepts, but says nothing about the likelihood of the reality. As
a result, it can be used to
conjoin arbitrary entities.

Trump MAY win the election.

COVID MAY cure cancer.

The world MAY end tomorrow.

Any sentence with the word MAY in it is equally true if you replace “MAY” with
“MAY NOT”.

Zones MAY be simpler.  Zones MAY NOT be simpler.  It’s up to you to convince us
that they are simpler, better, or provide some value above and beyond the
concepts that we have now.
The obligation is on you to make this point.

So far, you haven’t.

Regards,
Tony