From: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 4:43 AM
To: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@futurewei.com>
Cc: tony...@tony.li <tony...@tony.li>; Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
<ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Les Ginsberg <ginsb...@cisco.com>;
lsr@ietf.org <lsr@ietf.org>; Acee Lindem (acee)
<acee=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] LSR WG Adoption Poll for "IS-IS Topology-Transparent Zone" -
draft-chen-isis-ttz-11.txt

Hi Huaimo,

> Users can define a zone (a block of an area) and the zone can be any block of
> the area that users decide. Thus, using TTZ seems simpler than using Areas
> for scalability. It uses less planning effort and less configurations.

Q1 - Can zones overlap ? IE. can any node be in the same time in multiple zones
?
[HC2]: Yes.

Q2 - Can zones be nested ?
[HC2]: No for now.

Q3 - Can zone boundary span across two or more areas ?
[HC2]: No.

> [HC]:  The requirement for flooding of host routes domain wide is considered
> in section 4.1.3 of TTZ draft.

Well all it says that loopbacks can be included. That in no way addresses the
scalability aspect if those loopbacks are to be flooded domain wide anyway.
[HC2]: We will work on improving it.

Thx,
R.