The IETF is already applying these standards to new documents.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-knodel-terminology-07.txt

At some point, I'd expect that someone with the time and energy will produce a
single document that updates all the existing documents using the updated
terminology. At least that would be my preference since doing BIS versions of
all these documents is not desirable unless this is being done for other
purposes. For example, it would not make sense to do an RFC 2328 BIS unless we
were going to also correct all the Errata and go through a full review cycle.

On 11/16/21, 3:55 PM, "Lsr on behalf of Mike Fox" <lsr-boun...@ietf.org on