> If you want to address this problem with BGP keep alive timers, that’s
certainly an alternative as well.

Nope that is not what I previously described in this thread.

BGP uses recursion. So you can propage next hops in BGP and recurse your
service route next hops over those with simple config knob to only consider
/32 or /128 routes as next hops.

Local detection of node going down can be done with BFD or LOS:  TOR to RR
or Compute to TOR or ... BGP propagation via few RRs will be in
milliseconds. Then you can also apply constrain equal to service route
constrains to limit the blast to only those targets which need that info.
Not sure how to do such limiting in proposed IGP solutions.

Thx,
R.