Robert

Very good point!

As for summarization and SR framework my thoughts are that inter-as or
inter-area for both SR-MPLS and SRv6 you could have SR-TE BSID bind
candidate path to forwarding plane at each area border hop or AS hop
steering source routing E2E engineered path but you would still need to
domain wide flood the loopbacks for SR-MPLS for prefix and node SID for
steering and for SRv6 as well would have to flood locators, prefix and node
SID as well as for seamless MPLS style building of E2E path as it does
apply to SR framework.

So I agree we would need IGP extension for both SR-MPLS and SRV6 for ABR &
ASBR summarization to avoid domain wide flooding seamless MPLS E2E path
instantiation.

Kind Regards

Gyan