Hi Gyan,
thank you for sharing the operator's perspective and experience on using
the multi-hop BFD. Thinking of additional challenges, I may add the
authentication of BFD Control packets. But the extra-processing can be
significantly reduced by draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication-13 -
Optimizing BFD Authentication
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-optimizing-authentication/>.
As for using single- and multi-hop BFD sessions simultaneously, that should
not present any problem as each type uses a different assigned destination
UDP port number.

Regards,
Greg