Gyan,

By design of the proposal there is no synchronization of "state" between
ABRs needed. In fact the main benefit is that ABRs will be receiving and
storing a completely different set of registrations and notifications for
scalability of the overall system.

What you wrote in the second paragraph is FUD. Think about the benefits of
using reliable transport (as opposed to flooding) and draw conclusions.

> That is a lot of overhead in addition to the IGP!

If "that" would be true maybe such a conclusion would be ok ... but it is
not.

Thx,
R.