Hi Greg,

Thank you for your suggestions.

> It seems that referencing the multi-hop BFD [RFC5883] in the Introduction
> section as the existing mechanism detecting the node liveness can make the
> document more thorough.

While I have no objection to being thorough, being that thorough would require
a discussion of each of the alternatives, which seems like overkill at this
point.

> along with the term "node liveness," the document mentions "node's
> reachability". Do you think that the latter might be further clarified by
> pointing out that that is reachability from an IGP perspective? Or, perhaps
> use only the "node liveness" in the document.

Reachability is a well-understood graph theoretic term. I realize that some
people still don’t understand it, but I’m not going to spend everyone’s
valuable time reproducing Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reachability
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reachability>). I specifically used “node
liveness” to emphasize that this is NOT dealing with “service liveness”.

Tony