> The pulse solution does not suffer from the scale issues.

It shifts that "suffering" to flood the entire domain with information
which is not needed on P routers and selectively useful on the remote PEs.

Also fast signaling the fact that PE may have been disconnected from the
network for a few seconds may be actually more harmful to the actual
applications running behind it.

For single homed sites this is disaster as after next hop invalidation you
are stuck for the timeout (as discussed about 200 sec) before we connect
again.

For dual homed sites such switchover to a backup PE may result with
switchover to a backup CE (where PE-CE signaling is dynamic) where lots of
networks uses outbound NAT. While all cool from the perspective of the WAN
side - the NAT pool switchover means that application TCP sessions are
reset. What may mean real long service disruption for the customers apps
(especially those running long lived sessions).

The reason I mention this here is that whatever we do we should alway take
end to end user application analysis into account.

Thx,
R.