Hi Ketan and all,

I support this draft - it is a useful addition.

There are two elements which I would suggest to adjust in the text before
publication.

*#1 Overpromise*

Even below you say:

> Since there is a issue with forwarding *(which is what BFD detects)*

and in the text we see:

"In certain other scenarios, a degraded or poor quality link will allow
OSPF adjacency formation to succeed
   but the *BFD session establishment will fail or the BFD session
will flap*."

Reader may get an impression that if he enables strict mode he is 100%
safe. Sure he is safer then before but not 100% safe.

Real networks prove that there are classes of failures which BFD can not
detect. And Albert knows them too :)

For example some emulated circuits can experience periodic drops only at
some MTUs and only when link utilization reaches X %. While there is
ongoing extension to BFD to fill it with payload I don't think that BFD can
be useful to also saturate say in 80% 10G link with probes to test it well
before allowing OSPF to be established.

*#2 Timer *

What I find missing in the draft is a mutually (between OSPF peers) timer
fired after BFD session is up which in OSPF could hold on allowing BFD to
do some more testing before declaring adj to be established. I think just
bringing OSPF adj immediately after the BFD session is up is not a good
thing. Keep in mind that we are bringing the interface up so by applying
such a timer we are not dropping packets .. in fact quite the reverse we
are making sure user packets would not be dropped.

Cheers,
Robert