Hi Acee,

Can you suggest text which with you’d be happy? I’m sure the authors would
> add you to the acknowledgements.

Actually instead of suggesting any new text I would suggest to delete the
two below sentences and it will be fine:

*"In certain other scenarios, a degraded or poor quality link will allow
OSPF adjacency formation to succeed*
*but the BFD session establishment will fail or the BFD session will flap.
In this case, traffic that gets *
*forwarded over such a link may experience packet drops while the failure
of the BFD session establishment *
*would not enable fast routing convergence if the link were to go down or
flap."*

This could be described but I don’t think it should be normative. This begs
> the question as to why a hold down timer is not a part of the BFD protocol
> itself.

There is one - BFD calls it multiplier.

But the timer I am suggesting is not related to BFD operation, but to OSPF
(and/or ISIS). It is not about BFD sessions being UP or DOWN. It is about
allowing BFD for more testing (with various parameters (for example
increasing test packet size in some discrete steps) before OSPF is happy to
bring the adj. up.

Thx,
R.