Hi Chris,

> but I don't see how it is OSPF specific

I have brought this in the context of the waif-for-bfd OSPF proposal. This
is the first time LSR WG is facing such a requirement so IMO it would be
proper to at least discuss this in the draft.

And if so all I merely suggested was to mention this in the draft and make
sure readers understand what this draft should wait for to trigger OSPF
adj, to come up.  But as retrospect of this 100 mail thread I am drawing a
conclusion that maybe I am asking for too much perfection in the spec.
Maybe not many folks will even notice this. They will just spend hours on
troubleshooting why packets got dropped and will blame telco for providing
such a crappy circuit physical or an emulated one :)

And you have seen a clear recommendation from Jeff that such change or
delay is not likely going to happen on the BFD side and it is up to
the client to change its FSM in that respect. I do not see why this should
not be at least described in the draft.

Anyhow enough time spent on this ...

Many thx,
Robert