Hi Tony,

> If FlexAlgo is adopted, then we should expect that it will get stressed
> and that further conditions will be added to a FAD. The problem will only
> become worse the more success that FlexAlgo has. It sounds to me like you
> want FlexAlgo to fail, which seems strange.

Well I have a bit of a different view on this one.

If we keep networks simple (which is what IMHO we should do) I don't see
that we are any close to exceeding FAD limits as per today's encoding.

Now if on the other hand we load tons of application awareness into the
network and flatten all of this to the IGP transport layer - sure you are
right. That limit and what's worse today's REs CPU and RAM capacity will be
off limits. But do we really want this ? Would you call this a FlexAlgo
success ?

Isn't it better to keep all of the smartness as the overlay ? After all,
wherever you look around everything is transported encapsulated already.

Thx,
Robert