Hi, Gunter:

Thanks for your through thoughts.
For your mentioned case 1), the PUA draft has already the considerations:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-lsr-prefix-unreachable-annoucement-09#section-4

“If the nodes in the area receive the PUAM flood from all of its ABR
   routers, they will start BGP convergence process if there exist BGP
   session on this PUAM prefix.  The PUAM creates a forced fail over
   action to initiate immediate control plane convergence switchover to
   alternate egress PE.  Without the PUAM forced convergence the down
   prefix will yield black hole routing resulting in loss of
   connectivity.

   When only some of the ABRs can't reach the failure node/link, as that
   described in Section 3.2, the ABR that can reach the PUAM prefix
   should advertise one specific route to this PUAM prefix.  The
   internal routers within another area can then bypass the ABRs that
   can't reach the PUAM prefix, to reach the PUAM prefix.”

For your mentioned case 2), we think the transit receiver should do the local
bypass if there is PLR configured, or the ingress router/PCE should switch the
traffic to other path that can avoid the failure node. These are all
applications of the PUA/UPA messages, and we can add some statements if
necessary on the deployment considerations parts.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom