> As to the display: currently, there is an older 21" CRT here, and I just
 > thought that it would be good to have card with DVI out just in case I'm
 > going to replace it by a TFT one day. There is a Matrox card on my
 > system now, but I think it's AGP (G550 I think).
 >
 > Don't these cards consume too much power for the power supply? And don't
 > they become too warm?
The power supply says: Output 12V, 4.85A (i.e. 58.2W). A few months
ago I measured the power input of thin client and display and got:
  thin client:  during boot up to 20W
                about 15W (with the Hercules graphics card installed)
                during boot up to 12W
                about 8W (no graphics card installed)
  display:      about 35W

Horst