On 07/12/06, Donny Christiaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fyi, my office has 2 floors and I planed to use 2 LTSP servers for each
> floor.

This is more of physical layout issue than networki or system issue.

> I used 1 network 192.168.0.x/24 .. can I implement this 2 LTSP ?
> what about the DHCP Server ?
[SNIP]
> I need your suggestion about server hardware minimum requirement.
> I would like to use LTSP for about 20 clients.
>
> What is the minimum requirement for the server?
> If I would like to use 2 LTSP Servers, how to setup it?

Very briefly I would describe solution as :

For 20 clients one server is sufficient with rough specs like : dual
core processor / 64bit processor and 4gb RAM SCSI drive x2

If you want to run two servers I would suggest that you run them as
master salve server so that if one goes down the other keeps the
services running. LTSP wiki describes how to run DHCP server in master
slave setup.

Also the "home" directories should be kept in server1 and backed up /
mirrored on server2. In normal situation server2 should mount home
over NFS and the mirror is only used when NFS mount fails due to
server1 going down.

The server1 to server2 traffic should be on a dedicated link that does
not carry any other network traffice.

HTH

--
Regards,