On 29/10/2007, Sebastien Koechlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/29/07, Donny Christiaan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it good form me to use Software RAID-1 instead of Hardware RAID-1?
>
> Raid-1 is usually better in software. You don't need to have a spare
> controler card, you can balance I/O on many cards, and if you have a
> problem, you can get your datas online easily on any linux box.

I also prefer software raid as you can get problem messages  without
much setup. AFAIK in case of hardware raid you also need to ensure
that the software for raid messages / monitoring is available in your
O/S. Not many vendors come out with Linux support and you get messages
only in BIOS log.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar