On 08/11/2007, Sebastien Koechlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2007 5:00 PM, Krsnendu dasa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Raid 10?
>
> If you try to increase disk throughput, yes; but LVM2 is really,
> really more powerful than aggregation.

Translation? RAID 10 with LVM2 on it is faster / better than RAID 10 (What
about RAID 10 with LVM2 on it?)

I have 4 SATA2 HDDs. At present 2 drives are mounted (each partition) Linux
Software RAID 1. The other drives are basically just spares. It seems to be
a waste to me. Won't I be better off with Linux Software RAID10, so I can
use all the drives and get the increased performance?

Thanks for clarification,
Krsnendu das