On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 15:48 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 16:35 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:23:40 -0700
> > Craig White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > a full explanation is on the wiki
> > >
> > > http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-mount-problems
> >
> > Interesting.  I am confused about this part:
> >
> > QUOTE
> > If you have access to the client's /linuxrc file then you can alter the NFS
> > mount options to force the transaction to a lower packet size.
> > END OF QUOTE
> >
> > How do you obtain access to the client's /linuxrc file?  This computer that
> > I'm
> > typing on right now is a LTSP server and I just typed "locate linuxrc" and
> > found nothing.  And since my terminals are Neoware Capio 600-series thin
> > clients, they have no local storage on their end either.
> ----
> I believe that refers to the rc.sysinit file that is in your ltsp tree

No, with LTSP 4.2 it refers to /linuxrc in the initrd.  If I remember
correctly, you can pass MOPTS="rsize=1024,wsize=1024,nolock,ro" in your
DHCP config.  You need to look in the wiki for details, it's been a
while since I needed this.  Increase rsize and wsize and reboot until
you find the highest size your switch supports.

-David