On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 10:35:24AM -0700, David Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Michael Collins <linuxl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > These hardly seem like ltsp issues.
>
> Java and flash work much slower on ltsp in some cases than on a
> standalone workstation. To me that's an ltsp issue. Or were you
> referring to some other point in this thread?

A good test to try would be this:

>From another full workstation, ssh -X <server> java_program

So, in other words, run the java program as a full workstation.

If the speed is fast, then, yes, there's a problem with something we're doing
with LTSP.  As, LTSP is trying to be, essentially, a diskless remote X display.
If it works on a DISKFULL remote X display, then either something's not being
included, or what have you.

If, on the other hand (and I suspect this is the case) it's just as slow as an
LTSP workstation, then it's NOT an LTSP problem, it's a problem with the way
java interacts with Xorg.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | Take eight minutes and divide by 90 million lonely miles,
Systems Department | and watch a shadow cross the floor.