Στις 26/03/2012 01:50 μμ, ο/η Oliver Grawert έγραψε:
> we had it as default for years, you should dig on launchpad iirc there
> were bugs that made us change to 32 ...

Oli the hardcoded X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 was removed in commit
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ltsp-upstream/ltsp/ltsp-trunk/revision/979
with no bug reports mentioned.

In the LTSP changelog, there's this bug referenced:
"LP: #149006 (default to 24bit colordepth)"

But in that bug report, the reported actually says the opposite,
that setting X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 fixes his problem (comment #11).

We've been using X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 in 250+ schools here for a couple of
years, I haven't heard any real world problems with it.