Strange, I didn't encounter any problem like that. I am currently
setting up an LTSP system under Suse 12.1 64bit, and I don't remember I
switched anything like ipv6 off. The thing has been running well from
the beginning.

My problems are different, it's the bigger LTSP5 kernel which my clients
don't like. So I have 4.2 installed in parallel until I can solve this.

Regards

Rolf