Hello Alkis,
hello others,
my name is Roland, I am German and I am the computing teacher and
system admin at our school in Haan (near Düsseldorf)
I used to use ltsp in our ubuntu school system since 2008,
but now I found your ltsp-pnp for 12.04 which is absolutely great !!!
Thanks a lot for that!

I just installed it at our school in this very minute.
We have 60 clients and 1000 accounts!

Almost everthing works out of the box as you said,
but just almost.

We have some machines with a motherboard-vga (dell optiplex 740).
These pcs die when loading an image to ram.
This is a known bug and to prevent them
from using their full ram I used to add mem=1G to
the default file in pxelinux.cfg.

On the other hand there are smaller machines which
die if they recieve this mem=1G option.

I uses to get around this by using more then one files
in pxelinux.conf.

I could do the same again, but I want to stick to your conventions
an this is to use /etc/ltsp for configurations.

Is there a chance to have multiple boot options for different sets of
machines
somewhere in /etc/ltsp?

Second is that I want to use unity as default desktop but it has to
be ubuntu 2D. When I select this everytime at the ldm it works fine,
but how can I set this to default (which now is ubuntu (without 2D), and
that
does not work at all on my clients)

Last (for now) ist that I plugged as many ram as I could find into my old
machines leading to the fact that all clients have 500+MB.
But some of them are really slow and I have a powerfull ltsp-server.
Can I change the limit up to which the clients behave as thinclients
rather than fatclients?
Or again can I define sets of machines that work as thinclients even if
they have plenty of ram?

I am willing to help as much as I can and I will report on any strange
things happening or
solutions (even workarounds) that I found.
I think your simple ltsp-pnp is the key for a lot of schools to switch
to linux.
In my town there are 3 other schools waiting for ltsp to become easy
enough to get used
by "non-freaks". I think, ltsp-pnp will save my day on my mission to
convince them of open-source!

Greetings
Roland