On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Rolf-Werner Eilert <rwe-...@osnanet.de> wrote:
> Hi Jigish!
>
> Am 25.02.2017 08:30, schrieb Jigish Gohil:
>>
>> See parts under "If you are not using Tumbleweed..." here
>> https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KIWI-LTSP_quick_start
>
> I set up a Suse Leap 42.2 in a VM. Then tried to copy the instruction
> from the page above into the console, changing 42.1 to 42.2. However,
> zypper refuses it because the URL contains a ":"
>
> Did I get something completely wrong here?

As mentioned there: "If you are not on Tumbleweed, install the image
rpm packages manually, get the correct links for the kiwi-image-ltsp
and kiwi-image-ltsp-boot packages from
http://r.opensu.se/server:ltsp/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/noarch/";

So there is no zypper involved, so the links as on today are:

rpm -Uvh
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ltsp/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/noarch/kiwi-image-ltsp-boot64-13.2.1-36.87.noarch.rpm";
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ltsp/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/noarch/kiwi-image-ltsp64-13.2.1-36.87.noarch.rpm";
"http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/ltsp/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/noarch/kiwi-ltsp-0.9.10-15.4.noarch.rpm";

You can also download those files and run rpm -Uvh.

>> Install kiwi-image-ltsp64 and kiwi-image-ltsp-boot64 packages from
>> tumbleweed repo, edit LTSP_PROFILES="i386  x86_64" in
>> /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp LTSP_PROFILES="i386  x86_64"
>
> Do you know why the LTSP stuff was put in the Tumbleweed repos and not
> in the Leap ones too?

Tumbleweed is rolling release, so we get always up to date OS.

>> You might have to update kiwi-desc-ltsp and kiwi-ltsp packages from
>> tumbleweed repo if the following does not work, not sure if PROFILES
>> were implemented before your server installation.
>
> What do you mean PROFILES?

i386 and x86_64 are 2 profiles we ship, that can be customized to
create xyz profile, kiwi uses xml image descriptions of the target, it
is just the name of the image, see
https://suse.github.io/kiwi/manual/kiwi.html and
https://github.com/SUSE/kiwi-descriptions

> One more question: There is a link to another, very old page about
> network. It says there should be two NICs on the server.

Whatever works for you, ideally 2 nic is nice to have, but you can do
anything that fits in your network.

If you need help with this drop into #kiwi-ltsp IRC freenode, am here
for few hours.

Cheers

-J