-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rodney Kanno
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2002 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [luau] OT: windows 2000 networking

I have two machines running windows 2000 and I am having problems
getting the
two machines to see each other. Hopefully someone can enlighten me on my
problem.

Both machines are connected to a router, which is then hooked up to my
cable
modem. The router assigns IP's to the machines via DHCP, and the gateway
set
on both machines are identical, as well as the workgroup. Both machines
can
browse the internet, but cannot "see" each other on the network. This
same configuration
works fine when both machines run windows 98. Does windows 2000 handle
netowrking
differntly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Rodney