I have two machines running windows 2000 and I am having problems getting the
two machines to see each other. Hopefully someone can enlighten me on my
problem.

Both machines are connected to a router, which is then hooked up to my cable
modem. The router assigns IP's to the machines via DHCP, and the gateway set
on both machines are identical, as well as the workgroup. Both machines can
browse the internet, but cannot "see" each other on the network. This same
configuration
works fine when both machines run windows 98. Does windows 2000 handle
netowrking
differntly? Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Rodney