Doug Cutting wrote:
Erik Hatcher wrote:

I've amended my request for e-mail lists here with Doug's preference:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-195

Do others agree this is the best approach? I don't mean to be autocratic. Do we imagine different pools of users and developers for different Lucene sub-projects, or one big pool for all of them? I assume they'll be mostly disjoint.

Personally I'm in favor of separate lists for subprojects, with a separate list for the top level for discussing things like changing file formats and other stuff that more than one port would need to be concerned about. I didn't bring it up before since I'm the new kid on the block and I didn't want to seem presumptuous.

-garrett