On 2011-02-19, Digy wrote:

> I think there is a misunderstanding about the release. In Apache way, a
> release is a *signed* binary release(compiled version).

Uhm no.

Apache releases are OpenPGP signed bundles of source code (zip or tar.gz
doesn't matter).

Any "binary distribution" you create is just a convenience for your
users.  The thing that is considered "the release" is the source code.

> Lucene.Net.dll has no dependency to other binaries(unless you want to test
> or use compression) and they will not be included in the release.

If the binary distributions contain third party stuff then it must come
under a license that is OK to get redistributed by us.  Given that most
of us are not lawyers and even if we were we likely wouldn't agree in
all cases, you can find many common licenses already evaluated by the
ASF's legal team: <http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#faq>

NUnit is currently licensed under the zlib/libpng license if the
Launchpad site is correct.  This one is a Category-A license and it is
OK for an ASF project to depend on and redistribute it.

Stefan